Columbia Sites 1.0
The Columbia Sites customized Drupal 8 platform is now live. The initial release of this website-in-a-box is the Research model, which is optimized for the content typical of labs and research centers and institutes.
- Automatically import events from the University Events Calendar (Bedework).
- The News Article content type allows you to create stories that are searchable and shareable and can be automatically aggregated on other pages.
- Add longitude and longitude and the Map Location content type embeds a Google Map in your site.
- People Profiles can be sorted by groups that you specify or by title.
- Enter all your Research Publications, and sort them by title, author, volume, issue, month, or year published.
- Customize the header with your logo and main navigation; add your location(s), social media accounts, and intranet login to the footer.
- Acknowledge former members of your lab with the Alumni Profile.
- Aggregate the work of your lab by creating a unique page for each Research Project, allowing you to associate related lab members, publications, and news stories.
- Build a library of all your images with the Gallery content type.
- Use Views Display to enter your content once and populate it any number of times across your entire site without having to re-enter the content.
And it comes with these free services
- Quarterly patching and upgrades
- Immediate patching of critical vulnerabilities
- Protected pages behind UNI log in
- Logo and branding services
- User guide
- Trainings and workshops: How to Use Columbia Sites, Google Analytics, Content Strategy and Search Engine Optimization, Columbia Sites Accessibility, User Experience Basics, Social Media Strategy
- Pre-launch site review and accessibility audit
- Five hours of site-building support post launch
No bugs sighted yet, but we’re watching. If you experience Weirdness, email us.